It’s so exciting the weather is turning into spring! Everything is becoming bright and cheery nowadays. I love being able to take Little Lady out for walks without seven layers of clothes.
Green things have definitely been calling to us the past few weeks. Salads have seriously started to make it into the meal plan lately but other greens have too. Like this Lemon Brussel Sprout recipe. You guys, I was popping these in my mouth like popcorn. You know when you’re stuffed but something is so good you keep eating? That’s me and these brussel sprouts.
Citrus is the epitome of spring for our family. Incorporating it into dishes brightens up the sleepy winter taste buds. The lemon in this dish isn’t overpowering so it can be a side dish for many meals. It would accompany many white fleshy fish perfectly! Chicken? Pork? Yes. The flavor isn’t the only amazing thing either, brussel sprouts are also filling! It’s also a good topping for pizza, the oven is preheating already, right?
Trim ends of the brussel sprouts and slice them lengthways. Hot dog style? Place into a big bowl.
In a small saucepan, add olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. On low heat, simmer the mixture for 5 minutes or so. Once done, drizzle the lemony goodness on top of brussel sprouts and toss them to coat evenly.
Spread the brussel sprouts onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake, turning halfway through the baking time, about 20-30 minutes.
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the ends of the brussel sprouts and slice them lengthways.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the brussel sprouts.
- In a small saucepan, add the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. on low heat, cook the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the olive oil mixture onto the brussel sprouts and toss to coat.
- Spread brussel sprouts onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, turning halfway through the baking time, about 25-30 minutes.