As essential oils become more and more popular, it is hard to know what’s safe and what’s not. There is just so much misleading information out there. Essential oils are not always the best for children because they are so potent. Using herbal infusions achieves a more gentle, less concentrated product.
Settling down for the night is not always an easy task, especially for the youngins. Incorporating this into their nightly routine helps them settle down and fall asleep. It’s easy to make and you get an amazing sleep aid without having to buy expensive bottles of essential oil to make it. The ingredients lavender, marjoram, juniper, and clove all have sleep aid properties. Combining all of them in this lotion makes it an effective aid. The best part is the lovely smell!
Combine lavender, marjoram, juniper, and clove in a glass bowl. Add in the coconut oil.
In your standmixer bowl, dissolve the acacia gum in water.
To the acacia mixture, add infused oils and whip until desired consistency is reached. This took about two minutes in ours.
- 2 tablespoons Lavender
- ½ tablespoon Marjoram
- ½ tablespoon Juniper berries
- 1 clove
- ½ cup coconut oil
- .25 ounces beeswax
- ¼ cup water
- 3 teaspoons acacia powder (Arabic gum)
- Place lavender, marjoram, juniper berries, and clove in a bowl and mix.
- Add coconut oil.
- Place in a double boiler and infuse for one hour on low heat.
- Strain out herbs and add beeswax.
- Return to double boiler and stir until beeswax is melted. Set aside to cool.
- In your standmixer bowl, dissolve arabic gum in water.
- Once the oil has cooled add it to your standmixer bowl and whip for two minutes.