There’s a few Holiday traditions I adore. One of them, as silly as it may seem, is eating homemade party mix. Growing up my mom would always make it for us and we’d munch on it as we played board games, watched fireworks, or Holiday movies.
It’s such a simple thing, but nonetheless a memorable tradition. Little things in life, isn’t it? Homemade Party Mix takes less than five minutes to prepare. Add some nuts to make it a little healthier. I could seriously eat party mix all day long. My mom would make a ginormous batch and I’d try my best not to eat the whole thing.
First, melt your butter in a small bowl then mix in Worcestershire sauce, salt, and garlic powder.
Pour the liquid mixture on top of the cereal and pretzels.
Spread the mixture onto a cookie sheet and bake for one hour, stirring every fifteen minutes.
Let cool completely before adding any of your mix-ins. You don’t want them to melt!
I like to add about a ¼ cup of each add-in but it’s seriously up to you! If you’re a chocolate lover I totally understand dumping the whole bag of chocolate chips in there….
Happy Fourth of July! I know I usually post on Wednesdays but I can’t miss our nation’s Independence Day!
P.S. July 5th is the busiest day of the year for animal shelters. Please make sure your fur babies are kept safe and can’t escape while you are out and about watching fireworks and enjoying festivities.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups wheat waffle cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- chopped dates
- pretzel sticks
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt the butter.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt, and garlic powder.
- Pour the mixture on top of the cereal and pretzels.
- Spread cereal mixture on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely then add the chopped dates, nuts, or other add-ins you would like.
Adapted from The Original Chex™ Party Mix