I LOOOVE hot chocolate. I still drink it evenings, even though it’s over 90° outside. Go ahead, call me crazy. It’s chocolate and I have a sweet tooth problem. What’s better than eating chocolate? Drinking it. And what’s better than that? Frozen Chocolate Coconut Creamsicles. Ha.
It’s just like making hot chocolate but in this recipe we made it dairy free using coconut milk/cream and almond milk. It’s super creamy and oh so good. Having to deny a toddler more than one in an evening is hard when you yourself want to eat all of them.
This recipe is super simple and very quick. I always think “why don’t I do this more often?” Well it’s on the to-do list this summer for sure. This and pool lounging.
To make these pour all the ingredients into a sauce pan and heat over low heat until the sugar and coconut fats melt.
Pour into popsicles molds and freeze. We use this mold and love it.
- 1 can coconut milk - 13 ounces
- 1 can almond milk (fill the empty coconut milk can full)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a sauce pan over low heat, heat all the ingredients together until the sugar and cream melts.
- Pour into popsicles molds and freeze.