The other day I went to Costco for the first time in YEARS. I didn’t realize how much organic produce they carry now, which was a nice surprise! When I happened to find a huge carton of organic cherries, this was bound to happen – No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Tart.
This no-bake dessert is pretty versatile. You can use oreos for crust instead of shortbread cookies. I happen to love the Einkorn cookies from Whole Foods. They have a similar texture and taste to shortbread cookies but also have chocolate in them (score!). I also think these are the only cookies we ever buy, everything else is homemade.
It’s always awesome when you don’t need to turn an oven on to make something sweet when it gets hot out. I absolutely adore this tart and will be making it as long as cherries are in season. It’s a great cold dessert that’s a break from our usual ice cream.
Here we go!
Begins slowly melting the butter, then pulse the shortbread cookies in a food processor until you get a nice even consistency.
Pour the crushed cookies and melted butter into a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
Line a springform pan with the cookie mixture, making a lip to form a well.
Refrigerate until hardened. (~2 hours)
Meanwhile, heat filling ingredients in a pan over medium heat until melted and glossy.
Pour the ganache over crust and chill until thickened.
Top with (you can pit these if you wish) cherries.
- 35 shortbread cookies
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Crush the shortbread cookies in a food processor.
- Pour the crushed cookies and melted butter in a bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Line a springform pan with the cookie mixture, making a lip around so it is a well.
- Refrigerate until it has hardened. (about 2 hours)
- Meanwhile, heat all of the filling ingredients in a pan over medium heat until melted and glossy.
- Pour the ganache in the crust and let chill in the fridge until thickened.
- Top with cherries.