Ice cream, Ice cream, we all scream for ice cream!
Are you a cone or a cup person? I’m definitely a cone person but wanted something different besides the normal sugar cone. I thought I’d kick it up a notch with some childhood favorites in this recipe. Why not combine two of them!It all starts with Rice Krispie treats and Drumsticks.
Do you remember the Drumstick ice cream cones when you were little? They were my favorite as a kid and I remember always getting one at the swimming pool in the summer. The bottom of the cone with the chocolate plug was the best part too. I’ve coated the inside of these cones the same way. The chocolate coating is an awesome surprise and pulls double duty as leak protection.
The trick to get this to turn out right is to not have the mixture as gooey as a normal rice krispie treat but not as rock hard as candy.
To get the cone shape, we used the top of a bottle and molded the marshmallow crisp mixture around it.
We used homemade marshmallows in this and organic puffed rice.
Add the cereal and combine thoroughly.
Once the mixture has cooled enough to be handled but still very warm, grab some marshmallow mixture and form it around your mold.
We topped this one with some chocolate malt ice cream.
Little Lady approved.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- melted chocolate for coating the inside and dipping
- Melt butter in large sauce pan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted and combined.
- Add milk and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Stir constantly for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cereal and mix until evenly coated.
- Use a bottle as a cone mold and wrap mixture around to form cone.
- Let cool.
- Coat the inside of the cone in melted chocolate and dip rim in bowl of chocolate.
- Fill with ice cream!
What flavor ice cream would you fill this cone with?