Guys, just a warning, these granola bars are addicting. I made these thinking I could vacuum seal them in pouches and eat them later. Let’s just say they didn’t make it. Not even one.
We tried to make bars that are healthier than most store bought ones. They turned out to be a great grab-and-go snack and have been perfect for our busy days, camping, and hiking. I was shocked how great these turned out, especially since I spent so little time on it.
Ahhh hemp powder. Never tried it? You should get on the bandwagon. It’s good stuff. Here is the type we use.
Blend walnuts to a coarse powder use a blender or food processor.
Combine cocoa powder and hemp powder in a small bowl.
Add walnut powder and oats to the cocoa mixture.
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup hemp protein
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Toast almonds, if desired.
- Blend walnuts to a coarse powder in a blender or food processor.
- Combine cocoa powder and hemp powder in a bowl.
- Add walnut powder and oats to cocoa mixture.
- Melt honey and peanut butter together in a small bowl and pour onto oat mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Line a 9x13 dish with parchment or wax paper.
- Pour mixture into dish and press down firmly.
- Freeze for at least 45 minutes.
- Lift out of pan and cut into 12 bars.