I am one of those people who grew up eating scrambled eggs. And ONLY scrambled eggs. To this day, I don’t even like eggs over easy but I’m working on it. Forgive me.
After Mountain Man introduced me to these eggs, I can now add them to my Ways I Eat Eggs list. Making the total ways on the list come to a whopping two. Go me!
I have to say, for those of us who don’t deviate from the norm in the morning this is one time I’ll make an exception. (I get it, I totally do.) I realize some people need their morning routine and cup of coffee. It’s just too early to throw new things in. But dare I say just deviate a little bit? You won’t regret it. And I promise you can still drink that cup o Joe. Plus, if you’d like, you can make a tasty egg white omelet to go with this!
Make this really quick after hitting go on your coffee machine and when you’re done getting ready for the morning this will be done as well. Step up your morning game with this creamy and perfectly seasoned egg. Try them on crackers, toast, tortilla chips with some left over Pico?!?! Have a good day y’all!
What do you think about this way of eating eggs?
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 2 or 3 egg yolks
- Mix all dry ingredients in oven safe dish.
- Toast together at 200 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow salt mix to cool to room temperature.
- In small bowl, add half dry mixture and gently place egg yolks on top.
- Cover with remaining dry mixture, yolks must be completely covered.
- Let sit for at least 60 minutes at room temperature.
- Gently rinse off before eating.*
If you really like salty stuff just brush the majority of the coating off.