Protein shakes are a great way to break your nightly fast. Unfortunately I’ve found I’ll freeze to death the rest of the day if I drink a cold shake. I just can’t make myself drink one. Brrrrrr! This warm drink is the perfect substitute! Plus, who doesn’t want to start their day off with a low calorie chocolate drink?
We’ll be using hemp powder, it’s one of the cleanest, purest forms of plant protein powder, feel free to use what ever protein you like. We use hemp because it is versatile. It can be used in a lot of your recipes without adding much flavor. Don’t limit this protein source to shakes with all the essential fatty acids, amino acids, fiber, and of course, protein it has to offer. Add some to brownies, bread, anything really!
This is the hemp powder we use.
Anyone else can’t handle the cold in the morning?
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dutch processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp powder
- dash of cinnamon
- Heat milk, honey, and vanilla in a small saucepan.
- Add the cocoa powder, hemp powder, and cinnamon. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.