Have you ever made something and then it ate it morning, noon, and night until it was gone because it was so good? No? Am I the only who does this? Well, let me just say you will at least have a second slice when you try this. Out of all the breads I have ever made I think this one takes the cake. Cheesecake that is.
It’s a good summer bread because it tastes great right out of the fridge, paired with a sweet red wine, or frozen and then crumbled on top of ice cream. Mountain Man prefers his with cold brewed coffee.
Mountain Man said I should freeze some of it because we won’t get to it since it is just us. Don’t worry I will get to it. All of it. I promise. By the rate I’m going at it there definitely won’t be anything left to freeze.
In an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time.
Mix in vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the flour mixture into the wet mixture.
Fold in milk just until combined and then carefully fold in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 oz pkg. cream cheese,room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons melted butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Mix in vanilla
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the flour mixture into the wet mixture.
- Stir in milk just until combined.
- Carefully fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- When loaf is cooled drizzle melted chocolate over top, if desired.