Crackers shouldn’t just be a vehicle for hauling tasty toppings to your mouth. They should also contribute to the flavors and as a simple pantry item they should be easy enough to make also.
Make’em cheesy, make them seedy, really, there’s lots of ways you can mix this recipe up. Easily adapt it to whatever spread you are preparing and enjoy. As Little Lady is getting older and transitioning to more and more solids, it is one of my goals to make more homemade snack foods for her. She especially loves these with cream cheese on top!
These aren’t the usual old dump trucks hauling dip to your mouth. It’s like a sexy lambo dropping off your one hour amazon package you’ve been eagerly awaiting. You’re welcome.
You can cut these however big you want and in whatever shape. I chose to cut them about graham cracker size.
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon fine ground pepper
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add warm water and olive oil in the bowl and stir until combined.
- Divide dough in half and roll each half out onto a silicone 9x13 baking sheet.
- Take a knife and cut the dough into squares, rectangles, use cookie cutters…whatever!
- Sprinkle the top with a bit more salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden. The crackers will harden up more after they cool.