Even though Little Lady is no where near school age I am so glad school has started up again! We go to museums and other activities and it’s so nice to have the places cleared out. Haha, she can spend as much time as she wants on the hands-on exhibits. Last week we went to an animal farm and it was really nice to see Little Lady able to watch the animals and have the whole place to herself! She especially loved the baby goats (kids) the most. I had to pry her away so we could look at the other critters. We should all take advantage of the last few days of summer in outdoor activities.
With the last few remnants of summer produce coming off of the vines, this is the perfect quick recipe! I feel cucumber salad is an easily forgotten dish. I don’t know why, it’s so easy to make and healthy as well. A side dish you can have with your BBQ, picnic, or lunch. This all while being delightful on the palate. Enjoy.
- 3 Lemon Cucumbers or 2 regular cucumbers
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- ½ Red onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Sherry vinegar or Red Wine vinegar
- ½ cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine vinegar, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Toss sauce with your cut up vegetables.
- Let chill in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.