Summer is not the time for boring salads. This taco salad is so quick and scrumptious- taco meat, onions, corn, black beans, and pico. Oh, and don’t forget the lettuce! Cause we all know everyone needs some more of that in their life. With the creamy avocado dressing on top, definitely a craving settled.
You guyyysss! I’ve been super busy lately trying to get Little Lady’s first birthday party planned that an easy, quick, yet satisfying meal needed to happen. This one definitely makes the cut. Can you believe that little girl is already going to be a year old?! The phrase “They grow up so fast” didn’t really make sense until we had her. This year has been so fun and has flown by way too fast.
Let’s get back to this gorgeous salad.
You need the perfect dressing for taco salads. The good ol’ ranch and Italian dressings just won’t do. The creamy avocado, minced garlic, and lime juice blends so well with the taco mixture you’ll want this salad throughout the whole summer.
I think taco salads are the only salads I will eat without a “grumpy cat” face. I mean, look at this taco mixture and the pico!
And who could resist Earth’s butter?
By the way, this lettuce was over two weeks old. Check out how we store our lettuce here.
To make a tortilla bowl heat your oven to 400°
Coat each side of a tortilla with butter or oil and place inside an oven safe bowl and cook until golden brown. About 10 minutes.
- Taco meat:
- 3tbs chili powder
- 1tbs oregano
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- salt pepper to taste
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups corn
- 1 small diced Red Onions
- Half a bunch of cilantro
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- half a lime’s worth of juice
- salt to taste
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced (optional)
- 1 Avocado
- Small garlic clove, minced
- Safflower/Sunflower/Canola Oil ~4tbs or more for desired consistency
- ¼ to ½ a lime, depending on how “limey” you want it
- ¼ cup sour cream
- For the taco meat: Cook onions until clear. Brown beef, once browned add seasoning, beans, and corn.
- Pico: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Dressing: In a food processor, blend all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Toss the taco meat, shredded lettuce, and pico with the dressing.