If I’m going to have something sweet for breakfast you bet it’ll be some type of bread or muffin. A dessert-like breakfast is always the way to go, No? These turn out sweet and moist.
Just forget I said that word.. moist.. * shiver *
I really love these. I think I’ve made about 4 batches in the last month. The next day they’ll have even more banana flavor since all the ingredients have come together.
These go perfect with a cup of coffee.
I originally came up with these when I really wanted to bake something. I’d already started pouring ingredients into a bowl when I realized there were no eggs! So instead of making what I’d planned, I used the ingredients for these Eggless Banana Muffins!
It’s super easy to change the recipe as well. I added about 1/3 cup thick rolled oats at the end to half of the batch. That half is for Mountain Man. Add some small chunks of pineapple or nuts too, even chocolate chips. Yum!
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
In a large bowl – mash bananas, combine the sugar, and melted butter.
In a small bowl combine the water and flaxseed, let sit for 3 minutes.
Add flaxseed mixture to the banana mixture and combine.
Add flour mixture to banana mixture, fold until smooth.
I sprinkled in a touch more flaxseed at the end, just because.
Bake in lined muffin tin for 12-15 minutes or until done.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bananas
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- preheat oven to 350.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and combine the sugar, and melted butter together.
- In a small dish combine the water and flaxseed together and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Add the flaxseed mixture to the banana mixture and combine.
- Combine flour mixture into banana mixture and stir until smooth.
- Bake in lined muffin tin for 12-15 minutes or until done.