I was caught eating this with a fork…
I’m only a little ashamed. I mean, how else was I supposed to eat this? All the spoons were currently being washed.
Not to trivialize the importance of ice cream or anything, but I can only eat so much of it. With the ongoing heat, it’s nice to switch it up a bit. Pudding, this pudding, is on top of the list. You just need to give it a try. I based it off of the Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta recipe I made a while back. This recipe also uses gelatin, instead of eggs, if that matters to you.
Gelatin is amazing all on its own. It helps in healing the gut lining, hair, skin, nails, even reduces wrinkles, and cellulite because of the collagen. I’m sure you’ve gotten enough of me talking about how awesome gelatin is in the panna cotta and homemade jello posts though.
This recipe is so silky and creamy. It only takes five minutes to prepare and you most likely have all the ingredients in your pantry. Although, you do have to wait a few hours for the gelatin to set. (Mountain Man and little lady like it warm but it isn’t the right consistency, just tastes good.)
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate (64% semisweet choco chips)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Warm milk in a saucepan on low.
- Add gelatin and stir to dissolve
- Add cream, and vanilla, stir to combine.
- Add sugar, salt, and chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Pour into a container and let chill until set. About 4 hours.
- Whip on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into glasses layering with crushed ladyfingers.